- 2 wooden clothespins
- 1 paper plate
- Tissue paper
- All-purpose white glue
- Safety scissors
- Trace eight castanet shapes, 3-inches long, on tissue paper, using the image as your guide.
- Using safety scissors, cut the shapes out of the tissue paper. This will make the great "crinkle" sound of the castanets!
- Trace and cut four castanet shapes from the center of paper plate.
- Glue one tissue shape to each side of the paper plate castanet cut-out.
- You should now have four castanets. Glue one to each side of the clothespins.
- Taa Daa! Your very own castanets!