- 2 popsicle sticks
- 1 black lid
- 1 round doily
- 1 old wedding photo
- 2 small thin rectangles cut from white cardstock (for the bride's arms)
- 2 small thin rectangles cut from black cardstock (groom's arms)
- 1 rectangle cut from black cardstock (groom's jacket)
- 1 triangle cut from white cardstock (for the groom's shirt)
- 1 red felt tip pen
- Red tissue paper
- Sticky putty
- Glue stick
- Safety scissors
To make the bride:
- Fold a round paper doily in half and then half again. Tape together the two ends.
- Cut a small hole in the top point of the doily to fit the popsicle stick through.
- Push the popsicle stick through the doily and tape in place (to make the bride's dress).
- Stick two thin rectangles of white cardstock to either side of the doily to make the bride's arms.
- Scrunch a piece of red tissue paper up and twist at the end.
- Tape to the end of the arms to look like a bouquet of red flowers.
- Get an old wedding photo of the bride and groom you wish to make cake toppers for.
- Cut out the bride's head using scissors (keep the veil on if she is wearing one)
- Stick the bride's head to the top of the popsicle stick.
To make the groom:
- To make the groom's tuxedo, tape the black rectangle to the middle a popsicle stick.
- Tape the small thin rectangle arms to both sides of the black rectangle shirt.
- Glue on the white triangle to the large rectangle to look like the groom's shirt.
- Draw on a bow tie using the red felt top pen.
- Scrunch up a piece of red tissue paper and glue to the side of the jacket to look like a flower.
- Cut the head of the groom from the photo.
- Glue the head to the top of the popsicle stick.
- Push some sticky putty into a black oil bottle lid.
- Attach the groom's top hat by pushing the top of the popsicle stick into the sticky putty.
- Now, push the bottom of each of the popsicle sticks into the anniversary cake.